HP Quality Center 9.2 Microsoft Excel Add-in Readme
Software version: 9.2 / January 2009
This document provides information about the HP Quality Center 9.2 Microsoft Excel Add-in:
The first page of this readme document contains the following identifying information:
To check for recent updates or to verify that you are using the most recent edition, visit the following URL:
This site requires that you register for an HP Passport and sign-in. To register for an HP Passport ID, go to:
Or click the New users - please register link on the HP Passport login page.
You will also receive updated or new editions if you subscribe to the appropriate product support service. Contact your HP sales representative for details.
Note: To view files in PDF format (*.pdf), Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your system. To download Adobe Acrobat Reader, go to the following URL: www.adobe.com.
Installation requirements, as well as instructions for installing the add-in, are documented in the HP Quality Center Microsoft Excel Add-in Guide provided in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format. The document file can be downloaded from the HP Quality Center Add-ins Page. For more information on the Quality Center Add-ins Page, refer to the HP Quality Center Installation Guide.
After installation, you can read this document by selecting Start > Programs > Quality Center 9.2 > Integrations > Microsoft Add-ins > MS-Excel Add-in User's Guide.
Known Problems, Limitations, and Workarounds
- Manual Step when Upgrading Your Version of Excel: If you installed the Excel Add-in, and subsequently upgraded your version of Microsoft Excel, you must copy the add-in folder and its contents manually to the new Microsoft Office folder as follows:
Copy the TDAddin folder and the TDExcelAddin.xla file from <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office<old version #>\XLStart to <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office<new version #>\XLStart.
For example, if you upgraded Microsoft Excel XP (2002) to Microsoft Excel 2003, copy the TDAddin folder and the TDExcelAddin.xla file from <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart to <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\XLStart.
- Multiple Value Fields: The following limitation occurs when you are exporting data to a Quality Center field of type Lookup List, for which multiple values are allowed, and for which Quality Center verifies the value. If you try to export data to such a field for a record containing duplicate values (for example, High; High), the export does not complete successfully but a new record is created in Quality Center with empty field values.
- Undefined Parent Requirement: When exporting a child requirement to Quality Center, if the parent requirement is not already defined in Quality Center, the export does not complete successfully.
Workaround: Define the parent requirement in the Requirements module before you commence exporting to Quality Center. Alternatively, in your Excel worksheet, above the child requirement row, add an additional row and define the path of the parent requirement.
- When exporting data to an existing requirement in Quality Center, the value in the Direct Cover Status field is always set to N/A.
- You cannot export the Target Release and Target Cycle fields to Quality Center. This is in addition to the fields that you cannot export listed in the HP Quality Center Microsoft Excel Add-in Guide.
You can visit the HP Software Support Web site at:
This web site provides contact information and details about the products, services, and support that HP Software offers.
HP Software online software support provides customer self-solve capabilities. It provides a fast and efficient way to access interactive technical support tools needed to manage your business. As a valued support customer, you can benefit by using the support site to:
- Search for knowledge documents of interest
- Submit and track support cases and enhancement requests
- Download software patches
- Manage support contracts
- Look up HP support contacts
- Review information about available services
- Enter into discussions with other software customers
- Research and register for software training
Most of the support areas require that you register as an HP Passport user and sign in. Many also require a support contract. To find more information about access levels, go to:
To register for an HP Passport ID, go to:
© Copyright 1993 - 2009 Mercury Interactive (Israel) Ltd.
Confidential computer software. Valid license from HP required for possession, use or copying. Consistent with FAR 12.211 and 12.212, Commercial Computer Software, Computer Software Documentation, and Technical Data for Commercial Items are licensed to the U.S. Government under vendor's standard commercial license.
The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
Adobe® and Acrobat® are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Microsoft® and Windows® are U.S registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
|© Copyright 2009 Mercury Interactive (Israel) Ltd.|