HP Quality Center 10.00 Microsoft Excel Add-in Readme
Software version: 10.00 / February 2012
This file provides information about HP Quality Center 10.00 Microsoft Excel Add-in:
For detailed information about the Microsoft Excel Add-in, refer to the HP Quality Center 10.00 Microsoft Excel Add-in User Guide.
The first page of this document contains the following identifying information:
To check for recent updates or to verify that you are using the most recent edition, visit this URL: HP Software Product Manuals
To retrieve a document, select the:
You must have Adobe Reader installed to view files in PDF format (*.pdf). To download Adobe Reader, go to the Adobe web site.
This section provides an overview of the features that were introduced or enhanced in Quality Center 10.00 Microsoft Excel Add-in.
- The Quality Center 10.00 Microsoft Excel Add-in can automatically create mappings between Quality Center fields and worksheet columns.
- You can now export attachments for requirements, tests, design steps, and defects.
- Version control support.
- Support added for exporting the following fields: Target Release, Target Cycle, Detected in Release, and Detected in Cycle.
Installation requirements, as well as instructions for installing the add-in, are documented in the HP Quality Center Microsoft Excel Add-in Guide provided in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format. The document file can be downloaded from the HP Quality Center Add-ins Page. For more information on the Quality Center Add-ins Page, refer to the HP Quality Center Installation Guide.
After installation, you can read the guide by selecting Start > Programs > Quality Center 10.00 > Integrations > Microsoft Add-ins > MS-Excel Add-in User's Guide.
Known Problems, Limitations, and Workarounds
- Manual Step when Upgrading Your Version of Excel: If you installed the Excel Add-in, and subsequently upgraded your version of Microsoft Excel, you must copy the add-in folder and its contents manually to the new Microsoft Office folder as follows:
Copy the TDAddin folder and the TDExcelAddin.xla file from <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office<old version #>\XLStart to <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office<new version #>\XLStart.
- If you upgraded Microsoft Excel XP (2002) to Microsoft Excel 2003, copy the TDAddin folder and the TDExcelAddin.xla file from
<drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart
to <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\XLStart
- If you upgraded Microsoft Excel 2007 to Microsoft Excel 2010, copy the TDAddin folder and the TDExcelAddin.xla file from
<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\XLStart
to <drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\XLStart
- Multiple Value Fields: The following limitation occurs when you are exporting data to a Quality Center field of type Lookup List, for which multiple values are allowed, and for which Quality Center verifies the value. If you try to export data to such a field for a record containing duplicate values (for example, High; High), the export does not complete successfully but a new record is created in Quality Center with empty field values.
- You cannot export Target Release or Target Cycle values that include double quotation marks.
You can visit the HP Software support web site at:
This web site provides contact information and details about the products, services, and support that HP Software offers. For more information, visit the HP Support web site at: HP Software Support Online.
HP Software support provides customer self-solve capabilities. It provides a fast and efficient way to access interactive technical support tools needed to manage your business. As a valued support customer, you can benefit by being able to:
- Search for knowledge documents of interest
- Submit and track progress on support cases
- Submit enhancement requests online
- Download software patches
- Manage a support contract
- Look up HP support contacts
- Review information about available services
- Enter discussions with other software customers
- Research and register for software training
To access the Self-solve knowledge base, visit the Self-solve knowledge search home page.
Note: Most of the support areas require that you register as an HP Passport user and sign in. Many also require an active support contract. To find more information about support access levels, go to: Access levels.
To register for an HP Passport ID, go to: HP Passport Registration .
© Copyright 1993 - 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
Confidential computer software. Valid license from HP required for possession, use or copying. Consistent with FAR 12.211 and 12.212, Commercial Computer Software, Computer Software Documentation, and Technical Data for Commercial Items are licensed to the U.S. Government under vendor's standard commercial license.
The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
HP provides links to external third-party Web sites to help you find supplemental information. Site content and availability may change without notice. HP makes no representations or warranties whatsoever as to site content or availability.
The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
Adobe® and Acrobat® are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Microsoft® and Windows® are U.S registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
|© Copyright 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.|